That Indigenous Nationalities and Peoples of the Amazon have a good quality of life that is in balance with the tropical rainforests and their natural and cultural resources.
To promote income generating activities through sustainable management of tropical rainforests, natural and cultural resources of the Amazon region to obtain a better quality of life now as well as for future generations of indigenous peoples and nationalities in the region.
FUNDECOIPA is an independent organization and can not intervene in political or religious matters. Our objectives are to provide development and improving the livelihood of the peoples and nationalities of the Amazon region in the following areas: social, health, education, economic and culture, and:
- To promote a multicultural society at national as well as international level and to protect the cultural heritage and identity of the indigenous nationalities in the Ecuadorian Amazon by encouraging their customs and traditions
- To promote intercultural awareness internationally and to protect the cultural heritage and identity of indigenous nationalities of the Amazon region by promoting their customs and traditions.
- Defend individual as well as collective territorial rights and the natural resources in the Ecuadorian Amazon through implementation of sustainable projects.
- Maintain local, national and international solidarity with communities who fight for their rights and claims.
- Respect, care, fraternity, equality and solidarity will be the fundamental principles of the members and the communities belonging to the foundation
- Establish an organizational system that strengthens the performance of FUNDECOIPA.
- Solve the problems faced by the community and organization
- Solve the problem of lack of financial resources for projects
- Secure adequate property rights
- Establish internal regulations/laws
- Improve level of knowledge and education of the members in terms of administrative procedure, foreign languages and accounting.
- Secure immediate as well as long term commitment from partners
- Solve the lack of management skills by directors
- Deal with the presence of foreign organizations that alter the ecosystem
- Secure support from local, national and international organizations
- Generate jobs
- Advert cultural alienation for the diverse cultures of the Amazon region
- Provide sanctions to members that pursue personal interests different to those pursued by FUNDECOIPA.
- Secure sufficient and qualified leadership
- Deal with the danger of timber company presence
- Deal with the threats from oil companies